Moroccan Vegetarian Sweet Potato Stew
|Moroccan Vegetarian Sweet Potato Stew||
Recipe Type: Dinner
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 acorn squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a pot sauté onions and garlic over low heat until soft, but not brown.
- Add spices and cook a few minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes, acorn squash, carrots and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add chick peas, tomatoes and raisins and simmer covered until the potatoes, squash and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe