Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal
|Over night slow cooker oatmeal||
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 hours
Total time: 12 hours 5 mins
- 1 cup Irish steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons whey, yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, lemon juice, or vinegar
- 4 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- butter, coconut oil, and/or cream
- optional toppings – natural sweetener, chopped nuts, dried fruit, shredded coconut, freshly ground flax seeds
- Place oats, whey (or other acid medium), and warm water in the insert of your slow cooker and let soak for 12 hours.
- The night before you want to serve the oatmeal (or 8-12 hours before) turn the slow cooker on to low.
- Before serving, stir in sea salt and plenty of butter or other healthy fats and serve with optional ingredients.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe